Advice & Other Help

If you are having difficulties dealing with debt problems, you should seek specialist advice. Before seeing an advisor about money issues, it is useful to make a complete list of your debts and work out your income and expenditure.

Apply For A Grant

The easiest way for an individual to apply is via the Trust’s online application form

Apply Now »

Utilities & Energy Advice

Consumer Focus

Created through the merger of three consumer organisations - energywatch, Postwatch and the National Consumer Council, Consumer Focus is the statutory organisation campaigning for a fair deal for consumers. Consumer Focus has strong legislative powers including the right to investigate any consumer complaint if they are of wider interest, the right to open up information from providers, the power to conduct research and the ability to make an official super-complaint about failing services.

Energy Saving Trust

Provides free advice and information to people across the UK looking to save energy, conserve water and reduce waste - including directing people to grants to make change happen, from cavity walls, to loft insulation and installing more renewable energy sources.

0800 512 012

National Energy Action (NEA)

NEA develops and promotes energy efficiency services to tackle the heating and insulation problems of low-income households. Working in partnership with central and local government; with fuel utilities, housing providers and health services; and with consumer organisations, NEA aims to eradicate fuel poverty and campaigns for greater investment in energy efficiency to help those who are poor or vulnerable.


Ofgem is the Office of the Gas and Electricity Markets. Ofgem is the regulator for Britain's gas and electricity industries. Its role is to promote choice and value for all customers.


Ofwat is the economic regulator of the water and sewerage sectors in England and Wales. Its role is to promote choice, good quality service and value for all customers.

Warm Front

Warm Front makes homes warmer, healthier and more energy-efficient. The Warm Front Scheme provides a package of insulation and heating improvements. It is a Government-funded initiative and the scheme is managed by Eaga. If you own your own home or rent it from a private landlord, you may be eligible for a grant under the Warm Front Scheme.

0800 316 2805